If you’re wondering how we did on the big garage/ crazy room project… the answer is: not well.
Within a few hours of sorting alone I realized that there wasn’t much I could do without the Hubs. Some of the boxes are extremely heavy and well, there’s not much extra room to move around in the crazy room. Unfortunately he was very occupied chasing our Littles. They’re just too small to keep themselves occupied long enough for us to get knee deep in boxes and other heavy items. So we get a big fat lose for the overall dream goal.
However, I did really make progress!! I got rid of a significant number of boxes by making one decision:
I chucked the DVD cases.
We’ve had DVD binders for quite some time. I have loved using them, but I have been afraid to get rid of the original DVD cases for whatever reason. We’ve had the cases boxed up for almost two years and we’ve used the Binders exclusively.
I finally decided to get rid of them. I have a small box filled with a few cases. For example we have several preschool learning DVDs that we will be able to easily sell once our kids no longer need them. I also couldn’t bring myself to get rid of my Indiana Jones, or Lord of The Rings cases… :-) Other than that, the cases are all gone and we have several boxes that are now empty. It is so freeing!!!
If you’re wondering, we have a 5 Binder set up for organizational purposes. (FYI Not a single binder is completely filled…)
1) Smaller Kid Binder: filled with traveling movies for the kids. It is tan brown exactly like the one shown above. I bought them together… I think in college.
2) Large Kid Binder: (shown above) Easy to identify because it looks like the travel one. Filled with all movies that are mom approved for my Littles. I allow them to freely choose a movie from this binder when it is their turn to pick. :-)
3) Large Kid Binder (2): This one is a very old CD case I had from the 90’s. It holds the kid movies that aren’t age appropriate for my kids yet. For example many Disney villains are still too scary for my kids. (Hello Ursula… :-/) I’ll let them pick from this binder when they’re a little older.
4) Large Mom Binder: Filled with my movies and movies both the Hubs and I love.
5) Large Dad Binder: Filled exclusively with Dad’s movies… you know the ones I have no desire to ever watch. :-)
The best part about this project is that it cost me nothing!!! I’ve had those CD/ DVD binders for years. :-)